Faux Wooden Coasters

I'm in love with wooden coasters that have been all over Etsy. But let's face it, how many of us are truely capable of hacking off a branch big enought to make coasters, then sawing it into thin slices?!?! The answer is not me for sure! So, cruise on over to Think Crafts, where I tell you my little secret on how to make these adorable (and from a distance) very real looking faux wooden coasters – you just may be surprised on how they are made!

Sharing at

Making the World CuterMotivatedMondayatBeColorfulCraft-O-Maniac Monday with Albion Fit GiveawaySkip To My LouSumo's Sweet StuffDIY Show Off

The DIY'ersElizabeth and Co.A Bowl Full of LemonsUpcycled AntiquesDucks 'n a RowAdorned From Above Blog HopEmbracing Change HookingupwithHoHCatch a Glimpse ButtonbuttonLink party every Wednesday over at the36thavenue.comThursday Favorite Things weekly Blog Hoplivelaughlinky 250x250Thirty Handmade DaysThe Shabby Nest Weekend Bloggy Reading

9 Comments on Faux Wooden Coasters

1. Maria
    August 5, 2013 at 11:17 am (2 years ago)

What a cute idea!!! These coasters look so fun and are such a great idea! I love it!

2. Sarah Cornett
    August 6, 2013 at 11:23 am (2 years ago)

LOVE these! I just recently made a bench out of a wooden headboard and while using the table saw and hacking away to get things to fit, I sawed off a small piece and thought, what a great wooden button idea. I didn’t even think about a coaster!! Very cool! :) I saw your link over at A Bowl Full of Lemons and wanted to personally invite you to my very first linky party that I am hosting – Tute’s Tuesdays at UpcycledAntiques.com. This is my first time hosting so advice would be greatly appreciated! I hope to see you at the party! ;) Again, I LOVE the coasters!!

3. I Gotta Try That
    August 6, 2013 at 6:22 pm (2 years ago)

Such a great idea Stephanie, I love these. Thanks for sharing!

4. Katherines Corner
    August 10, 2013 at 2:41 pm (2 years ago)

Ss cute! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. I featured you on facebook. :-) xo

5. Cheryl@ Sew Can Do
    August 11, 2013 at 7:35 pm (2 years ago)

This is so clever & cool! You’ve been featured this week. Stop by & grab a Featured On button. Thanks for linking to the Craftastic Monday party at Sew Can Do!

6. the cape on the corner
    August 16, 2013 at 10:37 am (2 years ago)

wow, what a great idea. I love the look of faux bois, or real bois, as it were.